In recent years there has been a clear focus by Wealden District Council on the need to regenerate the centre of Hailsham.
The main aspirations of Hailsham Aspires are to ensure any future proposals,
- Contribute positively to local economic growth
- Encourage local investment
- Provide an improved experience for visitors and residents
- Deliver town centre living and employment opportunities
- Create new public open spaces, accessible to all
- Improve community infrastructure
- Respect the heritage, culture and identity of the town
- Shape the heart of Hailsham
The vision for the regeneration of Hailsham Town Centre is to create a welcoming, inclusive and impressive design that draws on the history of the town and enhances its surroundings. To do this, seven key design principles were created to guide the masterplan options created for Hailsham Town Centre.
The Hailsham Aspires project team has now put together three masterplan options for the future of the town centre. This will deliver a revitalised town centre in line with the ‘Vision for Hailsham’, as identified in the Hailsham Neighbourhood Plan, and offer Hailsham a bright future as the key growth town in East Sussex.
Please read through the supporting information to understand the background behind the three masterplan options, as well as the benefits for local people and ideas for design. Once you’ve done this, please complete the survey to let us know which option you prefer and the reasons for this.
The Hailsham Aspires project team includes: